pyKLIP is a python library for direct imaging of exoplanets and disks. It uses an implmentation of KLIP and KLIP-FM to perform point spread function (PSF) subtraction. KLIP is based off of principal component analysis to model and subtract off the stellar PSF to look for faint exoplanets and disks and are around it.
pyKLIP is open source, BSD-licened, and available at this Bitbucket repo. You can use the issue tracker there to submit issues and all contributions are welcome!
- Capable of running ADI, SDI, ADI+SDI with spectral templates to optimize the PSF subtraction
- Library of KLIP-FM capabilties including forward-modelling a PSF, detection algorithms, and spectral extraction.
- A Forward Model Matched Filter of KLIP is available for GPI as well as post-processing planet detection algorithms.
- Parallelized with both a quick memory-intensive mode and a slower memory-lite mode
- Modularized to support data from multiple instruments. Currently there are interfaces to P1640, GPI, SPHERE, MagAO/VisAO, and Keck/NIRC2.
- If confused about what a function is doing, read the docstring for it. We have tried our best to document everything
- See Release Notes for update notes
Please use the Issue Tracker on Bitbucket to submit bugs and new feature requests. Anyone is able to open issues.
The development of pyKLIP is led by Jason Wang with contributions made by Jonathan Aguilar, JB Ruffio, Rob de Rosa, Schuyler Wolff, Abhijith Rajan, Zack Briesemeister, Kate Follette, Maxwell Millar-Blanchaer, Alexandra Greenbaum, Simon Ko, Tom Esposito, Elijah Spiro, Pauline Arriaga, Bin Ren, Alan Rainot, Arthur Vigan, Graça Rocha and Jacob Golomb, and Laurent Pueyo. If you use this code, please cite the Astrophysical Source Code Library record of it (ASCL or ADS)
Wang, J. J., Ruffio, J.-B., De Rosa, R. J., et al. 2015, Astrophysics Source Code Library, ascl:1506.001
- Basic KLIP Tutorial with GPI
- Instrument Tutorials
- Calibrating Algorithm Throughput & Generating Contrast Curves
- Foward-Model Astrometry and Photometry
- Planet Evidence Module
- Spectrum Extraction using extractSpec FM
- Forward Model Matched Filter (FMMF)
- Planet detection
- Disk Foward Modelling (DiskFM)
- RDI with a PSF Library
- Developing for pyKLIP
- pyklip package